Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Home is where the heart is



    Moving away from Florida was probably the hardest thing I have done in my adult life.  I was leaving my friends, and more importantly  family members hundreds of miles away.  Though I still have weepy moments, I have been adjusting fairly well (especially now that it is spring!)

   During one of my moments of home-sickness I created this project based off of this project I found on pinterest.  I loved it and had to recreate it.

    In my typical ADHD fashion, I did not wait to purchase supplies, I gathered things I had around the house- scrap wood, spray paint in my favorite "lagoon blue" shade, nails, sewing thread.  The project ended up costing me nothing except time and headache!


   I learned a few things doing this project.  First the tension of sewing thread will pull nails out of wood if you don't hammer them in enough.  I used a very thin scrap of wood, and probably wouldn't have had to nail all the pieces in twice had I taken the time to purchase more appropriate materials.  I also learned that FL has a shape that is extraordinarily difficult to recreate with threadcraft!  (I may have created a new word, or not, either way is cool).  I must consider moving to a more rectangular state if I ever try this again!

No comments: