Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Infinite Summer Dress


 It's summer (-ish) again, so I am back to sewing!  It may be a different location, but for the most part, my photographer will still be my almost-8 year old, aka Punky.  I am going to try to schedule postings, so hopefully, my blog will be updated more regularly.









 Now to  the dress:

For my first project of summer, I wanted an infinity dress- one of those yardage eating, crazy dresses that can be worn in so many different ways.  However, so many of them end up in ways you can't wear a bra, and that doesn't work for me!  I found one tutorial that extended the waist band to cover the bra strap, but I was afraid it would mean I couldn't wear it as a skirt, so I made a bandeau that was removable.

Scout wanted to model, too.
She calls this "the fish pose"



Oh, the "Bettie Bangs" were an impulse move after I had trimmed my bangs to a more normal length.  What do you think?  Do they suit me, or should I let them grow out?  I have never done short fringe before!

No comments: