Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Candy Striped Skirt


    This skirt was nowhere near the headache the last skirt I finished was!  Actually, while the other was sitting in time-out for not cooperating, I finished this skirt with few problems...other than cutting it too short!  But that's what lace trim is for!


I had a friend ask me about the pattern for this one, but I didn't use one.  I used a method similar to this one at MADE.  I am not high-tech enough to do tutorials, yet.  Or maybe I am just not patient enough to take the time and photograph the steps!

I did use exposed elastic on this skirt (and the other one that made me curse like a sailor), because I have a great big roll of red elastic, and I think it looks like a belt, kinda/sorta. But it's so much more comfy than a cinch belt!

These shoes just so happened to go perfectly with this skirt  (I forgot about them when I had Punky take my photo), but they are much more casual of a feel than my wedges.  I love that I have options with this skirt, too!

1 comment:

Mandy England said...

So cute! I love the red elastic band... I think it adds a lot! And those shoes do match perfectly!!