Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Rosey

    Another skirt made from mom's fabric (from the width of the material I would guess it was at one time a bed sheet).  It is pretty much a circle skirt modified from a "Retro Butterick" pattern, but due to the layout I cut the skirt as a circle, and split it to add the zipper.  Hemming it took forever but I am so pleased with it.

      This skirt would be a perfect "swing" skirt, if Marvin knew how to swing dance.  I think the idea scares him- I have too many stories of getting "dropped" while dancing!  My favorite story to get him nervous was: one time in high school, I was in musical theatre* practice for Grease, and I was paired with a guy on our high-school football team (he's now in the military, so he's a strong guy).  I was supposed to roll across his back while he was leaning forward, but he lost his balance, so I did a back-flip over his shoulder, landing squarely on my right knee.  It swelled up and turned blue immediately.
 ( I do think that some of the problem may have been I was
 favoring the foot that had an undiagnosed benign tumor in it due to a seashell being stuck inside of it!)

Well, now that I have wandered off on a completely random tangent....I hope you enjoy these poorly exposed photos!

I have an angry three-year-old who doesn't want to take her nap!




*My computer feels I have misspelled theatre, but this is my preferred spelling!

No comments: