Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Eyebrows of Oz

   My mom and I are very close, and both have an unusual sense of humor.  I went over to her house because they were working on the water main in my neighborhood.

Mom- "Do you pluck your eyebrows?"
Me- "Some, like the stray ones underneath, but I have to use brow powder because they are pretty sparse and I have a bunch of blonde hairs."
Mom- "Well, Dr. Phil says if you put a pencil on your eye, and your eyebrows don't touch, then you have thyroid disease."
Me- "Ok, so you want me to see my doctor and tell her Dr. Phil says it looks like my eyebrows have thyroid disease?"
Mom- "Yeah, sure."
Me- "I don't think Dr. Phil is even a real doctor; I know he's not a medical doctor."
Mom- "Dr. Oz is a real doctor!"
Me- "What does Dr. Oz have to do with Dr. Phil?"
Mom- "Did I say Dr. Phil?"


Later I called her- "Mom, I looked at my eyebrows, they have fine blonde hairs.  So you can tell Dr. Phil that the Wizard of Oz says my eyebrows don't have thyroid disease!"

We both laughed, and I know this story probably won't be funny to anyone except mom and me.

I love you, mom!

No comments: