Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Off to Join the Circus" Shoes


Once upon a time, I had a favorite pair of black heels- perfect height, super comfy, and best of all cute!

Problem was, they quickly became my dog's favorites and he chewed on the heel leaving teeth marks all over.  It wasn't so bad that anyone would really notice unless they looked closely, but I teach high school and bored students notice everything!

I couldn't bear to toss them, so I came up with a brilliant plan- decoupage!  I found an awesome paper that featured French circus poster postage stamps at Scraporium (owned my my long-time friend's mom). *squeals with delight*



I think this incarnation of my shoes is even better than the original, but I won't lie- this project took much longer than expected.  I haven't worn them much because there has been awful flooding rain, and I don't want to test the waters (so to speak) yet.

3 comments:

carmela said...

LOVE EM!!!!

Chanele said...

Very cute! My dog loved chewing on my heels too, I wonder if I still have them and I can try this. When did you go to Scraporium? My mom never said you came by, glad you found something you liked :)

Jess said...

I stopped there one day, and was surprised your mom wasn't there Chanele. I remember- it may have been the day of the scavenger hunt!