Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wine on a Wednesday

   I reached my breaking point today at work...the point where I wanted to slam my head into the wall and just cry out of utter frustration.  I had to explain to a student why I would accept him writing only the answer, but couldn't give him credit if he just wrote the question.  I don't think he was trying to drive me to drink on a weekday, but really truly didn't understand where I was coming from.  I even had done the problem on the board; all he had to do was copy the answer down.  He was driving the other students bonkers, too.

"Mrs. V, this boy is the reason I couldn't be a teacher- I'd want to smack some sense into him!"
"Boy, Mrs. V is being patient with you, but if you don't copy that number off the board and stop irritating us all, I'm gonna pull off this belt and teach you a lesson."


We all made it through the class, and I survived the rest of the day (and no blood was shed by anyone).


I don't know why, but today just made me question everything I have taught so far- whether I am really a "good" teacher.  I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day, and if not, maybe I will just run away and bang my head against the wall!

No comments: